- (07) 5463 2966
- (07) 5463 2769
Our community and disability support service at Boonah, a rural area west of Ipswich, provides a wide range of services that encourage an inclusive community. As a social hub, it’s a place where anyone can drop in and feel like you really are a part of community life.
Offering a range of support services for people with disability; an array of education courses, training, exercise, support groups and social activities are also available. The community centre also acts as a Centrelink agent.
Based on your choices, needs and goals, a wide range of activities and services are available. Some of our activities and community support services include:
- Flexible disability respite for people with disability and their families including day respite activities, overnight respite and in-home support;
- Self-directed support for people with disability;
- Case management for people with disability;
- Centrelink services for job seekers;
- Life skills development programs such as personal care, cooking, shopping, budgeting, financial management, and more;
- Regular community social activities;
- Education – literacy & numeracy, computer skills, Certificate I & II in certain fields;
- A variety of social and support groups;
- Youth activities; and
- Social excursions.