- (07) 3397 7287
Carinity Communities - Talera provides assistance for children who have experienced or are at risk of abuse, neglect and domestic violence. Counselling, therapy and support group sessions are also available for parents, guardians, carers, school affiliates or anyone who lives or works with a child or young person who has been through these experiences.
Sessions are fun and creative therapy techniques are part of our approach to helping people of all ages live life to their full potential.
Our counselling and child protection support services are available to children and young people up to the age of 17 years old living on the south side of Brisbane who have experienced:
- Family problems, such as separation and divorce;
- Domestic violence;
- Physical and verbal abuse;
- School problems, such as bullying, academic anxiety and stress;
- Social anxiety; and
- Peer relationship difficulties.
Support services are available for parents, guardians, carers, school affiliates or anyone who lives or works with a child or young person who has experienced any of the above. These may include:
- Individual counselling;
- Therapeutic group work;
- Consultation and support for parents, carers, guardians and school staff;
- Education about child development, trauma or domestic violence;
- Parenting training skills; and
- Attachment-based parenting training.
The ReNew program is a 20-week program aimed at mothers and their sons (aged 11-17) who have experienced family violence. The program aims to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing support to mothers and young people who are traumatised by the experience, and demonstrating behaviours that may be controlling, coercive or abusive. For more information, please contact Dave at Talera or email email@example.com